The Disabilities Resource Centre is a passionate and progressive organisation, 100% committed to making life easier for the elderly and those with disabilities.
The Centre was founded in the late 1980's by a group of dedicated people who wanted to do something about the lack of information, advocacy and support for people with disabilities in their community.
We have come a long way in 25 years, growing to become the Eastern Bay of Plenty's third largest employer with over 260 staff. The Centre has expanded its reach and now offers a wide range of services across the entire Bay of Plenty, with two new sites; Abilities in Action Rehabilitation and Up2date Equipment.
We can help you with:
- Home Care - home help or personal care support in your own home
- Community Services - getting involved in your community, finding work and learning new skills
- Information - general health and disability information service and extensive library
- Equipment - in store and online sales, hire and advice
- Specialist Field Officers - disability/condition specific support
We help thousands of people every year and continue to improve the quality of life for those living in our community.