At the Disabilities Resource Centre, we believe that people are not disabled by the impairments they have, but by the barriers they face through attitudes and inaccessible environments.
We want to make sure that everyone has the chance to be included and to live the life they want with choice, control and flexibility.
Our Vision and Mission Statement is "to assist people with disabilities to achieve their goals through leading health and disability services". For us, it's not about what you can't do - it's about what you want to do and how we can help you to do it.
What drives us is knowing that the work we do makes a positive difference to the lives of those in our community. We strive to provide exceptional services everyday, making sure that everything we do reflects our Core Values:
- Care - providing compassionate support and engagement
- Responsiveness - finding solutions by working with our clients and their families to meet their needs and preferences
- Respect - recognising individuality and respecting differences, needs and choices
- Accountability - always being accountable for our behaviour and results
- Integrity - operating with honesty and reliability and respecting confidentiality
- Good Employer - striving to become the employer of choice by valuing staff and building good relationships of mutual trust and respect with them